We have been enjoying Holy Heroes Advent Adventures this week. Â We like watching the videos and then the kids pick a coloring page, word search, or crossword puzzle to do. Â It’s a fun and easy way for them to learn a little bit more about their faith.
Besides St. Lucy’s Feast Day, we also celebrated St. Juan Diego’s Feast Day with enchiladas and tacos for dinner. Â We talked about Our Lady of Guadalupe, and the significance to our country, but unfortunately never got to any other activities.
Pandora Radio has been playing frequently in our home. Â I love that we can select Advent and Christmas music and there is so much beautiful music to listen to and enjoy. Â There are a couple of radio stations in our area that are playing Christmas music 24/7 and they play the same tired songs over and over again. Â I might scream if I hear another Karen Carpenter Christmas song!
Earlier this week I posted some ideas for Fitness Gifts for gift-giving. Â Next week I have a guest post on Journaling and after that blogging will be a bit sporadic for the next couple of weeks. Â I’m not sure if I will post another photo collage for 2012.
Wishing you and yours a blessed Advent and Christmas season!
1. Â On Sunday my mom and I took the girls to their first performance of the Nutcracker. Â They had a great time, it got a bit long at the end, but they did well for their first time attending aÂ performance.
2. Â My Sister-in-Law made us these cute scrabble ornaments for Christmas this year. Â My photo is a little dark, but each name is spelled out with a scrabble tile. Â She got the idea from Pinterest, of course!
3. Â We were a little early for TaeKwonDo lessons the other day and took a few minutes to walk around a local park. Â It’s sort of a town square area complete with a working fountain in the summer. Â During the Christmas season the park has a large nativity scene, there are even Wise Men off in the distance.
4. Â This week was the Feast of St. Lucy and we always drive around looking at Christmas lights. Â This particular house is the Griswald house of the area!
5. Â We have been doing a bit of purging and organizing in an effort to be better prepared for Christmas.
6. Â We finished up our 10 Day Challenge this week with good results. Â This was one of our dinners, sweet potato, veggie burger topped with half an avocado.
7. Â A skinny hot chocolate. Â When we go look at Christmas lights the kids always get a treat of hot chocolate and a cookie. Â This year we did away with hot chocolate with the kids, because it never fails that someone spills or has to go to the bathroom before we’re done! Â This year they had to settle for just a cookie. Â I made a hot chocolate for myself for less than 100 calories.