I received a subscription for free and was compensated for my time. All of my opinions are honest and I was not required to post a positive review.
Math is not my favorite subject, it never has been. I avoid math if at all possible. So then it comes as no surprise that teaching math is not my favorite thing to do either. Even in the elementary grades.
Love Being Mom, Not Always Teacher
Generally speaking, a typical child can make math manageable. A struggling learner takes math instruction to a whole different level. You can imagine the “fun” we have had with math lessons! We needed some math help for sure.
One daughter in particular struggles with learning in general. She is also super sensitive and lacks self-confidence. She is very perceptive to any little sigh or sign of exasperation on my part. As soon as she senses my frustration she shuts down and melts down. It makes for some interesting days and lets just say isn’t spectacular for our relationship. I will be completely honest, I love being her mom, but I don’t always enjoy being her teacher!
CTC Math Help
Consequently, the struggles with math have helped me to try to be more sensitive towards her, to look for better teaching methods, and use resources that are more effective. I was overjoyed to be able to start CTC Math with her. It took the pressure off of us working together on this particular subject and she immediately felt successful and accomplished. This is huge for her and for me.
Benefits of CTC Math Online
Although math is not my favorite subject and I was eager to take myself out of the equation, (ha!) I still didn’t want to turn my child over to just any math program. It needed to be a quality math program. These are the immediate benefits that we recognized:
- Easy to navigate, there is nothing more frustrating than to not be able to figure out how to navigate through a program! Watch the video do the lesson, easy peasy!
- Work at her pace – we started at a much lower level than I thought she needed. It was critical for her to feel successful from the get go. She is easily frustrated and gives up quickly if she thinks she will fail. At each new level there is a diagnostic test to assess what your student knows. No sense going over material that your student excels at or feels comfortable with.
- You can have the option to have the program “read you” the instructions. This is super helpful for struggling learners. Instead of just being able to do the math, they get hung up on trying to read instructions. Yay for not having that hurdle!
- Weekly reporting – at any time it’s easy to see how your child is doing and where they are in the lessons. Plus, each week a summary is emailed to you with a detailed report.
- Printable certificates – for some kids this might not be a big deal, but for kids that struggle and often never feel like they do very well in school, this is a bonus. Earning that certificate felt good!
Success with CTC Math
CTC Math is a full online math curriculum created by math teacher and homeschool parent Pat Murray. The FREE trial gives everyone a FREE 4 week trial to the program, no credit card required.
If you have a struggling child, or even if you don’t, give CTC Math a try. Don’t waste another moment being filled with anxiety and stress over math instruction. CTC offers math weary parents a way for their child to learn and math can actually be enjoyable. After our first week of CTC Math, my daughter said “that was fun, can I do this everyday?”.
Finally, if you are ready to jump in and know this program will be an excellent fit for your child you can get started now. Purchase through this link and get 60% off PLUS 6 months free! or go ahead with the free trial for 4 weeks, from CTC Math. Either way, don’t wait another minute.
Here’s to days filled with happy math!