The weather is finally warming up and it actually feels good to be outside. Â Instead of finding the nearest hammock and plunking down to read a good book, why not lace up your sneakers and get some exercise?
You don’t have to spend hours working up a sweat to reap the benefits of exercise. Â Some of the many benefits of exercise are, increased energy, better sleep, less stress, and improved immunity. Â If you don’t need to experience any of those benefits, then by all means find yourself a hammock!
Easy Ways to Get Started with Exercise
1. Start Walking – it’s not necessary to spend big bucks on a pair of high performance walking/running shoes, especially when you are just getting started. Â I have bought several pairs of shoes at discount stores like Target and Walmart, and they have worked out just fine. Â Walking is free and you can do it virtually anywhere.
2. Head Outside with your Kids –Â our kids need exercise too. Â Why not organize a game of kick ball, shoot some baskets, play catch, set up some cones for an obstacle course, play with a parachute, or break out the hula hoop? Â A win-win afternoon for everyone.
3. Â Try a DVD from the LibraryÂ – not sure what kind of exercise is for you? Â Check out some DVD’s from the library and try something different. Â Who cares what you look like in the privacy of your own home!
4. Â Find a Buddy – this is a great way to get started with exercise and a great way to stay motivated to exercise, start walking with a neighbor or maybe an older child
5. Â Bike Riding – spring garage sales are a perfect place to pick up an inexpensive bike, plus bike riding is something the whole family can do together. Â Many of the old train tracks in our country are getting turned into bike trails. Â We have many trails near us, I bet you do too!
Fitness Tracker for Daily Exercise
I know there are tons of fancy ways to keep track of exercise, but sometimes simple is best. Â I created a very simple Fitness Tracker for you to keep track of daily exercise. Â Enjoy!
What helped you get started with exercise?
I have a new Facebook page that focuses on fitness –> be sure to check it out!