*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure page for more information.
1. Pencil Sharpener – A Heavy Duty Sharpener and lots and lots of pencils. Â Lots of pencils.
2. Â Amazon Prime Account – Well, well worth the $79 per year to 2 day shipping all the time. Â At this season of life it’s much easier for me than going to the library.
3. Â Transportation – Unless you live in a big city with publicÂ transportation, you will need some sort of big vehicle to get your crew on all those fun field trips. Â Maybe even with room for a friend or two.
4. Â Laminator – Helpful if you have items that you want to reuse from child to child. Â Also can be helpful for making visual schedules for pre-readers or special needs children.
5. Â Colored Pencils – I have picked up enough broken crayons to last a lifetime. Â It’s colored pencils for us from here on out.
6. Physical Activity for Everyone – yes, that includes you! Â Exercise relieves stress and helps the brain function better, plus gives you more energy. Â We all need that.
7. Â A Plan for the Day – Scheduling our DayÂ , Morning Routine, however you do it, it’s important to have a plan for the day.
8. Â Flexibility – This doesn’t need much explanation and it’s definitely a necessity. Â We can make all kinds of great plans, but sometimes we just need to go with the flow!
9. Â Perseverance – Everyone talks about patience, but perseverance is really more important. Â Write down your mission statement, know your “why” for doing this homeschooling thing. Â It will help you get through the hard days.
10. Â Grace – There are 7-8 of us together all day, most days. Â We need to extend a lot of grace around here.
Please read about more must need items for the homeschooling family with iHomeschool Network